Guided Ice fishing trip
Fishing on ice with nets is a specialty we can offer depending on the weather conditions in December-March. This trip takes place on the frozen Baltic Sea, about 1 km from the coastline. We walk this distance or alternatively ski (slowly).
The nets (in total some 200 m long…) are placed under the ice! Quite amazing, isn’t it! You will learn how this is done. The nets will be checked about five days later. If you join the day when the nets are checked, you will see how the fishers pull the nets from the icy water and the fish are collected from the nets. If you wish, you can try yourself!
- If you come by train to Kirkkonummi or Espoo railway stations,
we can pick you up from there.
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Group size: 1-4
- Important: Walking or skiing on ice is a physical exercise. You need to be in good condition.
- Fishing on ice trips are guided by 2 experienced persons
What do I need with me?
Warm clothing suitable for weather including a warm hat and gloves. We will provide the special overalls and boots needed for this trip.
Please make sure you have a valid travel insurance.
Eating and hydrating
Coffee/tea and snacks are offered during the trip
- Is a fishing permit needed? Yes a fishing permit for one day is needed. We will take care about that.
- Can I buy a fish caught by the nets? Please ask the fishers.
What fish can be caught?
We expect to catch Pike (Esox lucius), Pikeperch (Sander lucioperca), Perch (Perca fluviatilis), Smelt (Osmerus eperlanus) and sometimes also Burbot (Lota lota) and Sea trout (Salmo trutta).
Let’s explore the Finnish nature together or contact if you need our expert services.