your new hobby is about to start
When we arrive to the forest, we will first go through some important theory i.e. the important basics on the mushroom identification, typical mushroom habitats and some other useful tips. We concentrate on common edible mushrooms, especially if you are a beginner. We will remind also about the poisonous mushrooms.
The guided mushroom trip will help you to take the first steps in mushroom picking, safely, under our guidance. We are there to help you and to answer your questions.
- Starting point of the trip to be confirmed when you have booked your trip. At request, we can pick you up from the railway station of Kirkkonummi.
- Guided session is normally for 2-8 persons.
- Trips are organised from July to October (weather dependent).
- The mushroom trip is guided by a biologist.
What do I need with me?
Clothing suitable to weather.
Hiking shoes/rubber boots. You can also ask us if needed.
Basket (or similar) and a small knife which helps to clean the mushrooms on spot.
Please make sure you have a valid travel insurance.
Take some snacks/coffee/tea with you or ask us.
frequently asked questions
- How do I pay the forest walk? At spot with a card.
In the forests of Kirkkonummi or inkoo…
Most likely we will take you to the forests of Kirkkonummi or Inkoo, depending on the mushroom harvest prospects of the year. Fingers crossed that 2022 will be a good mushroom year! Stay tuned!
Let’s plan a nature trip to you!